Baby Toddler Food (6-9 Months) March 2012 Menu
This baby food menu was designed for babies who have tried first purees with single ingredients and are ready for more flavor combinations. While the menu is designated for 6-9 month old babies, you can adjust the purees to fit an older baby as well by leaving the food a little chunkier. Some recipes may even appeal to slightly toddlers. The crockpot butternut squash applesauce (pictured above) was a favorite of my own children. I hope you enjoy exploring new tastes and textures with your baby!
The Baby & Toddler Food menu is designed for you to make life feeding your baby/toddler homemade food a little easier. We are not pediatricians, please seek counsel from them on timing, allergies and food sensitivities. These menus are simply designed for ease of parents and not necessarily adhere to dietary guidelines. If you are new and not sure how to get started we have a wonderful series starting with 5 easy steps to get you on your way to once a month cooking. Good luck!
- Peach, Apple, Pear
- Avocado Banana Rice
- Crockpot Butternut Squash Applesauce
- Peach, Pear & Blueberry
- Dried Apricot Puree
- Broccoli Potato Mash
- Potato, Carrot, Sweet Corn
- Tomato, Cauliflower & Carrot with Basil
- Root Veggie Trio
- Pea Mint Puree
- Tasty Chicken & Rice
- Lovely Lentils
- White Bean Puree
- Beef and Carrot Puree
- Oven-Roasted Chicken Thighs with Carrots and Potatoes
Recipe CardsOAMM Members Only!
Grocery ListOAMM Members Only!
InstructionsOAMM Members Only!
LabelsOAMM Members Only!
Are you a person that likes to see the menus visually? Perhaps you should check out the March 2012 Baby Toddler Food Menu via Pinterest to see the yummy goodness you will be cooking up on this menu. Not sure what Pinterest is all about, check out what Once A Month Mom has to say about it.
Facebook Fan Party:
OAMM Facebook Fan Page Party – March 11th 2012, 9:00 pm – 9:30 pm EST – We will be able to chat via video AND messaging during the event through FACEBOOK! How cool is that? We will be talking about the current month’s menus, answer your burning questions about freezer cooking and have fun getting to know one another. You can also see other past recordings from that tab as well. This is a great way to meet fellow Once A Month Mom’s or get your questions answered as you get started.
Instructions for viewing live-stream:
- Go to the Once A Month Mom Facebook Fan Page.
- Click on the “FB Fan Night” Tab on the left side margin.
- Hit “view live recording” – If I am live streaming it will show you what is happening in progress. If I am not live streaming at the time, you will have the option to click through other videos that I have recorded in the past.
Each month we have some wonderful volunteers who “test” out the menu prior to publication. They do an amazing job of helping to eliminate confusion and mistakes. They may not catch everything but they sure do catch A LOT! If you are interested in test cook, feel free to volunteer. Here is a little bit about this month’s test cooks:
- Katie Thompson – I’ve been OAMC’ing for about 7 months and then making my own baby food for about 5 months. With two kids and a full time job, making baby food should sound overwhelming but I found that it was the most relaxing part of my weekends over the past few months. When I’m not cooking, cleaning, or running around the kids, I’m at my day job as an insurance agent.
- Ingrid Kambe (@twinling) – is a single parent who has been blessed what has to be the happiest baby on the planet (so far;-)). When not working in high-tech marketing, she enjoys cooking, pseudo-adventures, and generally spending time playing with her sweet baby.
Are you new to Once A Month Mom or once a month cooking (oamc) in general? If so, you might want to spend a few minutes (or hours) on the Get Started Series. If you are in a real hurry to catch on we have written some simple steps for getting started. Welcome!
If you are feeling abundantly blessed and generous feel free to donate. :) And if this time frame doesn’t match up with your child, please check out our other baby and toddler food menus.