Cook Lisa Cook Oriental Chicken Salad (Secret Recipe Club)
It is that time of the month again. Time for a Secret Recipe Club recipe reveal. This month I had the pleasure of being assigned the blog, Cook Lisa Cook. If you jump around to any of the below links each month you might have seen that last month Lisa had Once A Month Mom as her blog! Small world.
I searched the site and found some amazing dishes. Ultimately I landed on this one because I love the Oriental Coleslaw that I make and this sounded similar. BUT it had so much more color and flavor. I think I might have to add some of these ingredients to my coleslaw next time. Either way I know that you are going to love it. It isn’t exactly freezer friendly but I think you will like it just the same.
I was also impressed that my husband liked it. I actually made it just for me knowing that he didn’t care for several of the ingredients. However, when I was staging the above picture he asked me if he could try a bite. And then he asked me for his own helping. THAT is impressive people. That is also how I know you will love it too.
Tricia @ onceamonthmeals.com adapted from Cook Lisa Cook
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 1 packages (3 ounces) Ramen noodle mix, Oriental flavor, flavor packet set aside for dressing
- .25 cup sliced almonds
- 8 ounces tri-color coleslaw mix
- 1 cups shredded cooked chicken breast
- 0.5 bunches fresh cilantro, chopped
- 3 green onions, whites & green, chopped
- 1-2 each, mini red, orange & yellow sweet peppers, cut in long strips
- vinaigrette dressing (recipe below)
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 TBS fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons honey
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 reserved flavor packet from the ramen noodles
- 1/2 cup olive oil
Melt butter over medium heat in a skillet. Break up the ramen noodles and place them and the almonds in the skillet to brown. Stir frequently and cook until slightly browned. Immediately remove from heat so they don’t burn.
Place slaw mix, chicken, cilantro, green onions & sliced peppers in a large serving bowl. Toss to combine.
Vinaigrette Dressing Instructions: Mix the vinegar, lemon juice, honey, pepper and one of the reserved flavor packets from the noodles in a blender. Once combined, with the blender running, gradually blend in the oil.
Just before serving, pour the dressing over the salad and toss to coat. Scatter the toasted almonds and noodles on top and serve.
This Post will be linked at:
- Mouthwatering Mondays at A Southern Fairytale