Dating Divas Dinner & A Movie Special: Date Night Mini March 2013 Menu
How about a FREE MINI MENU? Yep, you heard it right! We are SO excited to be partnering up with The Dating Divas today! I’m sure you’ve all heard of The Dating Divas, right? If not, you are missing out! They’re a group of married women who post fun, creative, and inexpensive ideas that will put the SPARK back into your marriage. If you’d love to reclaim the romance and excitement you had back when you were first dating, then this is the site for you!
And today, we’ve teamed up with the Divas to bring you a special treat… Dinner and a Movie!! Because who doesn’t love a fun date with a good movie and some delicious food? That’s right, we’re going to hook you up with fabulous food ideas for your next movie night, and the Divas are taking care of all the date details for you. Read on, because you’ve got one spectacular (already planned) date night coming your way.
Our inspiration for this menu was baseball and a “night at the ballpark”. With spring training starting next week, why not celebrate America’s favorite pastime with your partner? If you missed it last year, Trouble With the Curve is a great movie to please your romantic side and that sports fan next to you. Amy Adams wins again in this role, and Clint Eastwood is as ornery as ever. Justin Timberlake rounds out the cast with his comedic side, and tugs at your heart strings too.
Now this date night isn’t just about cuddling up on the couch with some delicious treats and a good movie, it’s about making it memorable! That’s where Dating Divas are here to help! They have created some adorable and fun ideas to knock this date out of the park!
On to the FOOD!
What are Mini Menus? Mini menus are a fraction of the meals you would see on a normal menu and can be completed quickly and efficiently in a few short hours, in the evenings when you are preparing the meal for dinner or during small bursts of times like naps. Mini meal plans are designed for the busy family who wants freezer meals in their freezer but doesn’t have time to do a full months worth of meals. If you are new and not sure how to get started we have a wonderful series starting with 5 easy steps to get you on your way to once a month cooking. Good luck! If you like (or don’t like) this menu you might want to check out all our past mini menus or in-season menus – September 2011’s or September 2012’s menus if you are looking for something different!
If you like this menu you might want to check out all our past Mini menus.
- Chili Dog Casserole**
- Garlicky Sweet Potato Fries**
- Philly Cheesesteak Peppers
- Baked Beans**
- Twinkie Cupcakes
- Homemade Ice Cream Sandwiches
**Indicates meals that require NO COOKING on your OAMC BIG DAY aka “throw and go” meals, perfect for the family who needs to adjust to just do the quick meals!
Update: This menu is now available in Menu Builder for members in addition to the Google Docs below! As you can see we have a NEW way of getting and printing your monthly menu documents. As part of that change, we have also changed the type/size of labels we use. The below labels in Menu Builder will print four to a page and line up with Avery 8168/5168 labels or equivalent.
- Above are the links of items we have hand selected for this menu. The links above are to the original recipe. We include these so that you can get a look at what you might be preparing and to give these wonderful blog authors some traffic (they work hard to create great recipes). However, to see our freezer cooking adaptions and to alter the servings to meet the needs of your family you will need to VIEW and PRINT the printable Date Night Mini March 2013 Recipe Cards
- Included in this spreadsheet you will find a listing of all the items you will need to complete your Specialty Gluten Free Dairy Free Mini Specialty 2013 OAMC BIG DAY by area of the grocery store. For more instructions on how to use this, go here.
- Date Night Mini March 2013 Grocery List
- These are the step-by-step instructions you will need to quickly and efficiently approach your OAMC BIG DAY. After all, if you are going to be in the kitchen for awhile, you best make the most of your time.
- Date Night Mini March 2013 Menu Instructions
These customized labels are designed specifically for this menu. They contain the name of the dish and serving instructions for preparing the dish on your serving day. They make preparation of the dishes hassle free and staying to your eating plan a cinch.
These labels are designed to be printed on Avery 8163 or equivalent! Readers who didn’t have labels available suggested just printing them on paper and taping them.
Are you a person that likes to see the menus visually? Perhaps you should check out the Date Night Mini March 2013 Menu via Pinterest to see the yummy goodness you will be cooking up on this menu. Not sure what Pinterest is all about, check out what Once A Month Mom has to say about it.
Each month we have some wonderful volunteers who “test” out the menu prior to publication. They do an amazing job of helping to eliminate confusion and mistakes. They may not catch everything but they sure do catch A LOT! If you are interested in test cook, feel free to volunteer. Here is a little bit about this month’s test cooks:
- Melissa Eyles – Melissa Eyles is a mom and high school theatre director. While not chasing around her 5 year old, Walker; she spends her school year teaching a motley crew of 120 high school Theatre students, and guiding them in the production of three plays and musicals each school year. She serves as the coordinator for the high school competitive academic team, and is the student officer advisor for Texas Thespians.
Are you new to Once A Month Mom or once a month cooking (oamc) in general? If so, you might want to spend a few minutes (or hours) on the Get Started Series. If you are in a real hurry to catch on we have written some simple steps for getting started. Welcome!