Easter Pork Loin Recipe *Plus Giveaway*
If you’ve started to think about your Easter menu, consider this slow-cooker pork loin recipe. It’s healthy. It’s easy. It’s delicious. And, you even have a chance to win $25 worth of pork plus a ton of other goodies!
A recent “Healthy Habits 2011” survey fielded by the National Pork Board found that while 60 percent of dieters have made a health-related goal for the year, sticking to that goal throughout the year will be harder than quitting smoking or even winning the lottery. The survey also found that seven out of ten people are not aware that incorporating lean protein into their diet can decrease distracting thoughts about food.
To help us with our healthy lifestyle, the National Pork Board has offered a few tips to help us stay on top of our health and wellness:
- Choose cuts of pork that come from the loin – including chops and roasts – and 96% lean ground pork, which are the leanest cuts of pork available.
- Think about meal frequency. A recent study suggests that sitting down to eat a real meal three times a day may be a better strategy for weight loss than grazing on several smaller “mini-meals.”1
- In addition to protein, look for foods high in fiber like fruits, vegetables and whole grains to help keep you fuller.
To help celebrate a year of health and wellness, they’re offering you a chance to win the following:
- $25 of complimentary pork cuts of your choice
- A large assortment of spices to complement lean pork cuts and inspire flavor-filled healthy meals
- A sauté pan for cooking your favorite lean pork recipe
- A digital meat thermometer to ensure that your healthy meals are delicious yet safe
- BPA-free glass food storage containers
- A digital pedometer to help you measure your success in the new year
Here is how you enter to win:
1. Leave a Comment telling me your favorite cut of pork to cook.
Additional ways to enter:
3. Follow @allaboutpork on Twitter. Leave a comment below that you have done so or if you are already.
4. Become a Facebook Fan of Once A Month Mom Fan Page. Leave a comment below that you have done so or if you are already.
5. Become a Facebook Fan of Pork Be Inspired. Leave a comment below that you have done so or if you are already.
6. Subscribe to the Once A Month Mom blog via RSS or email. Let me know that you have done so. Of course, if you are already subscriber make sure you leave that too.
This giveaway ends Wednesday, April 6 at NOON (EST).
Slow-cooker Pork Loin
Christine @ onceamonthmeals.com
- 2 pounds pork tenderloin
- 1 envelope dry onion soup mix
- 1 cup water
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon Worchester Sauce
- fresh ground pepper, to taste
Pour dry onion soup mix, water, garlic, soy sauce, and Worcestershire sauce into slow-cooker and mix together thoroughly. Add pork-tenderloin turning to coat. Sprinkle ground back pepper on top of pork tenderloin. Cover and cook on low for 4 hours.
Once cool, portion single servings of pork tenderloin and au jus into pint sized freezer bags. To serve: Defrost in fridge overnight. Microwave 60 seconds at 50% power.
Servings: 6 • Calories: 180 • Fat: 4 • Protein: 25 • Carbs: 6 • Fiber: .5 • WW Points Plus: 4
This Post will be linked at:
- Real Food Wednesdays at Kelly the Kitchen Kop
- No Whine Wednesdays at Food on the Table
- What’s on the Menu Wednesday at Dining with Debbie
- Recipes I Can’t Wait to Try at At Home with Haley
- What’s On Your Plate at Good Cheap Eats
- What’s Cooking Wednesday at Turning the Clock Back
Disclosure: The National Pork Board provided me with the package listed above as well as one for giving to readers. All the opinions in this post are mine, but if you want to know more about how I facilitate reviews, view my full disclosure policy!