Easy To Gift Freezer Meals
If you are still looking for inspiration to participate in our Freeze it Forward Challenge, here is a list of easy to gift recipes. Keep in mind that you are trying to make life easy for the person who receives your meal, so give them something that doesn’t have to be cooked on serving day (No-cook Serving Day) or can be simply “dumped” in the slow cooker.
Dinner is the meal we typically think to share, but breakfast, lunch, and even snacks are an enormous help to someone who is ill, has a new baby, works long or unusual shifts, or is on the road. If you do only bring dinner, make it a complete meal by adding a salad, bread (try this simple Artisan Bread), a side dish, or dessert.
We have two Mini Menus that were designed for gifting. Each includes two dinners, 2 side dishes, and a 2 snacks or desserts.
- New Moms Mini (May 2013) – dairy free for moms who are avoiding it, but filling and nourishing for any family
- Meals that Heal Mini (Oct. 2013) – perfect for those struggling with illness, but tasty enough for anyone to enjoy
We also have our new Freeze It Forward Mini which is designed for those creating single serving meals to eat or gift.
- Mini Snickerdoodle French Toast
- Classic Homemade Yogurt Banana Bread
- Egg and Pepper Sandwiches
- Mexican Breakfast Burritos
- Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Pancakes
- Copycat Amy’s GFDF Shepherd’s Pies
- Paleo Balsamic Vegetable Meatloaf
- Thai Chicken Peanut Sliders
- Hearty Paleo Vegetable Soup
- Healthy Hidden Veggie Pasta Dish
- Orange Banana Smoothie Pops
- Raspberry Lemonade Smoothie
- Honey Nut Cereal Bars
- Homemade Cereal Bar Cookies
- Ham and Cheese Picnic Pinwheels
- Chocolate Chip Cookies
- GFDF Brownie Mix
- Beef and Bean Taco Topping (choose lettuce, or potato/sweet potato for serving)
- Chicken Pesto Sandwiches (bring with a salad or a bag of chips)
- Slow Cooker Italian Beef Stew (with Artisan Bread or bakery bought bread)
- Crockpot Ranch Pork Chops (just 3 ingredients! just add sides)
- Mama Rita’s Meatballs (add some pasta and salad for a full meal; great for a crowd or to split into individual portions)
- Freezer Mashed Potatoes
- Garlic Butter Knots
- Oven Potato Fries
- Refrigerator Rolls
- Sauteed Summer Veggies and Quinoa
- Pumpkin Macaroni and Cheese
- We have also added the following simple sides into Menu Builder so you can easily add them to custom menus: white rice, brown rice, peas, broccoli, mashed potatoes, carrots, green beans, cauliflower, brussle sprouts, corn, zucchini and summer squash, pasta and marinara, and creamy mashed potatoes.
The details for our Freeze it Forward challenge so you can join us:
The challenge: Gift a freezer meal and share with the OAMM community using #freezeitforward or in the comments below.
The date: March 16-22
The goal: The one who gives and one who receives will be both full and fulfilled.