Diet OAMM: Egg White Breakfast Sandwich
We’ve all know that breakfast is the most important meal of the day but, for most, it’s not always easy to fit into a busy morning routine. This Egg White Breakfast Sandwich is one of my favorite meals to make ahead of time and freeze. You can add vitamins and nutrients by adding tons of in-season vegetables and it’s easy to adjust the ratio of eggs to egg whites depending on your taste and preference. If you keep these Egg White Breakfast Sandwiches ready to go in your freezer you can always have a healthy, protein-packed meal on the go!
Christine @ onceamonthmeals.com
- 8 Sandwich Thins
- 2 Eggs
- 21 Egg Whites
- 1 cup Mushrooms, chopped
- 1 cup Green Peppers, chopped
- 1/8 cup Milk
- 8 2% Cheese Slices
- 8 Slices, Turkey Bacon
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Coat glass 9×13 inch baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs and egg whites until completely blended. Gradually whisk in milk. Stir in mushrooms, green peppers or other vegetables of your choice. Pour egg mixture into the baking dish.
- Bake uncovered for 10 minutes, then stir, and bake an additional 10 to 15 minutes, or until eggs are set.
- While eggs are baking, toast sandwich thins in toaster and cook turkey bacon on the stove, in microwave or in oven until lightly crispy.
- Let cool and then cut into 8 equal servings.
- Place one egg serving, one piece of bacon, and one slice of 2% cheese in between each sandwich thin.
- Wrap each sandwich in plastic wrap and place in freezer bags.
- To Serve: Thaw in refrigerator overnight. Heat in microwave for 60 seconds on 50% heating power. Serve immediately.
Servings: 8 • Serving Size: 1 sandwich • Calories: 250
Fat: 3 • Protein: 12 • Carbs: 25 • Fiber: 5 • Points: 5 ww pts
This Post will be linked at: