GFDF Pork Paprikash
Lisa @ onceamonthmeals.com
- 1.5 pounds pork roast, cut into chunks
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1.25 cups onion, diced
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 2.8 cups crimini mushrooms, sliced
- 3 cups green bell peppers, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 Tablespoon dill
- 1 Tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 Tablespoons cold water
- 1 cup cream of mushroom soup (ensure gluten free or make your own)
- 10 ounces gluten free spaghetti noodles
1. Heat olive oil in a large skillet. Add pork and brown on all sides. Work in batches if necessary, setting brown pork in a bowl while you brown the next batch. Add onion and garlic to skillet, saute until onions are translucent. Add mushrooms, peppers, paprika, and dill, then continue to saute for an additional 5 minutes. Meanwhile, in a small bowl combine cornstarch and water, forming a paste. Add cornstarch paste and cream of mushroom soup to skillet and bring to a boil. (If freezing, proceed to freezer directions).
2. Add pork and sauce mixture to a slow cooker. Cook on low 8 hours. Before serving, cook noodles according to package directions. Serve paprikash over noodles.
Follow step one instructions above. Remove from heat and allow to cool. Place pork in a gallon freezer bag. Pour sauce over pork. Label and freeze. To serve: Thaw. Cook in slow cooker on low for 8 hours. Before serving, cook noodles according to package directions. Serve paprikash over noodles.
**conversion chart image provided by Erik Spiekermann