Homemade Cereal Bar Cookies Video Tutorial
We have had many a person comment that their cereal bar cookies were good but crumbly. I have mulled over the reasons in my mind many a time and haven’t come up with a common problem in the recipe. I have even gone over the recipe several different times to see if I can find an error. When all else failed, I decided to make a video so that you can see the ingredients, process, and techniques that I use to create my cereal bar cookies. I am NOT a baker and have made at least 5 batches without a problem.
Here are a few things that you should keep in mind:
- Use BUTTER don’t substitute margarine. There is a chance that if you are substituting margarine that they aren’t holding up as well because of it.
- It doesn’t matter whether you measure whole oats and then grind or measure already ground oats. I have done it both way with equally good results.
- Well ground oats are easier to work in then whole oats.
- You can grind oats in your food processor, blender or magic bullet if you don’t have a mill.
- Work your dough until it is one giant ball before proceeding to dividing among muffin tins.
Without further ado:
If you can’t see the above video, please visit our YouTube channel to access it – http://youtube.com/oncemonthmom.