Homemade Salsa Verde Recipe
Green is quite possibly one of my favorite colors. It’s fresh, new, exciting, and just makes me scream for spring and summer. Nothing accompanies the start of the season better than salsa and chips right? This is the ultimate combo of both, Salsa Verde! My Aunt Nancy gave me this recipe for my bridal shower, and it’s been a staple in our house ever since.
Kelly @ onceamonthmeals.com
- 1.5 quarts water
- 18 tomatillos, washed and husked
- 1 white onion, peeled and quartered
- 5 whole cloves garlic, peeled
- 4 serrano chiles
- 1/2 bunch cilantro
- 1 teaspoon salt
1) In a medium saucepan, bring water to a boil. Add tomatillos, onion quarters, garlic cloves, and whole chiles.
2) Boil 30 minutes. Remove from heat and cool.
3) Drain, reserving cooking water (which will be used to adjust thickness of tomatillo sauce)
4) With an immersion blender, or in a food processor or blender, whirl cooked ingredients with cilantro and salt.
Let cool and place into Tupperware or pint size bags until ready to use, but be sure to leave some fresh in the refrigerator for snacking!
Servings: 4 Cups
This Post will be linked at: