OAMM Gift Extravaganza Week: bambu
It is obvious that on most days I like to cook. And it came to no surprise to me a year ago when my son began showing interest in the kitchen about as soon as he could walk. It is a common occurrence now for him to request to “Cook!” whether I am in the kitchen or not! My mom even purchased him a chef’s apron and tools for his birthday in August.
I’ll be honest, there are some days that I want to just get dinner done and on the table. But Isaac will have none of it! He wants to help and he wants to learn. And I don’t want to squelch that enthusiasm.
A morning last week Isaac has a play-mate over and I was take a few minutes to check Facebook blog comments Twitter a few things on the computer. I could hear them start getting restless and bored with playing cars. I glanced down at the computer screen and saw a recipe glaring at me that I needed to make and photograph for the blog. And then I remembered that I also had some handy new bambu tools that needed to be tested out as well.
So I began setting up shop on the kitchen table, placing the slow cooker we were needing for cooking, the bambu kids utensils and all of the ingredients we were going to need. I then called the boys out and asked them if they wanted to cook. What I didn’t know then was that Isaac’s play-mate has also shown some serious enthusiasm for the kitchen as well. So you can imagine that the next few minutes were full of lots of fun for us!
I gave each boy his own utensil and then had them add the ingredients one by one to the slow cooker. It was great because I had decided to double the recipe which meant that each boy got to add in ingredients as we went. No fighting! They each got a few bambu kids kitchen tools to work with and we set to making some fabulous slow cooker oatmeal I will be posting about soon. A spoon got away a time or two and we had do a fishing expedition, but all in a days work, right?
The kids loved the utensils as they were perfect for their small hands. They were also not super long so I did notice that the mess was reduced from them not having to “stir” so hard. Don’t get me wrong, there was still plenty of mess to be found!
bambu ‘Kids in the Kitchen Set‘ is made of organically certified bamboo and is food safe; phthalate-free and BPA-free. They also have a fabulous line of additional kids products, cutting boards, bowls, baskets and much, much more. I first was introduced to the product line when I attended the International Food Blogging Conference in Seattle and have continued to use their products since. You might also notice that they are one of this month’s sponsors. ———->>>>>
Well, bambu wants to share the love with one of you this holiday season too! So one lucky reader will be drawn to receive:
Here is how you enter to win:
1. Leave a Comment telling me what bambu product would get the most use in your home?
Additional ways to enter:
2. Tweet or Facebook this contest – use @onceamonthmom & @bambuhome. (Maybe something like: Encourage your kids to cook this season with @bambuhome giveaway on @onceamonthmom – http://bit.ly/fBYn6v) And don’t forget to leave a comment below stating you have done so.
3. Follow @bambuhome on Twitter. Leave a comment below that you have done so or if you are already.
4. Become a Facebook Fan of Once A Month Mom Fan Page. Leave a comment below that you have done so or if you are already.
5. Become a Facebook Fan of bambu home. Leave a comment below that you have done so or if you are already.
6. Subscribe to the Once A Month Mom blog via RSS or email. Let me know that you have done so. Of course, if you are already subscriber make sure you leave that too.
This giveaway ends Monday, December 13th at NOON (EST).
**Other OAMM Gift Extravaganza Week items up for grabs:
Disclosure: bambu provided me with the items listed above to review, and provided me with one set of each to give away to one of you. All the opinions in this post are mine, want to know more about how I facilitate reviews, view my full disclosure policy!