Shopping for OAM Cooking BIG DAYS
We’ve set this site up to give you helpful resources and suggestions for making your OAM Cooking easy and affordable! Here are some great ways to get started.
- One Partner Shops – This is only a suggestion BUT our suggestion is that one partner does the shopping for the pair. The partner that isn’t shopping will reimburse the shopping partner for half of the total. This can be extremely helpful so that items aren’t duplicated and only one person is spending their time shopping. You can always alternate who shops each month if that will help.
- Coupons – To save the most money coupons are a MUST. If one person is doing the shopping the other partner may want to help the shopping partner by providing them with the appropriate coupons needed. Through the assistance of local websites we will be highlighting area grocery stores and their coupon match ups. In addition there are many resources for printing and accessing coupons. See the Cooking Resources page for listings.
- Shop throughout the month –
- Throughout the month we will be highlighting sales which will give you an adequate amount of time to purchase items for your BIG DAY without overspending.
- $150 can be a lot to spend in one week. True, you get food for the whole next month, but I don’t know too many people with $150 laying around. Shopping throughout the month will give you time to work the initial cost into your budget.
- For those that are mathematically challenged that means setting aside about $38/week for your BIG DAY. That may sound like a lot BUT remember it means that next months grocery bill will be less – and hopefully the eating out budget! And remember, we will be trying to reduce that weekly cost by shopping sales and using coupons.
- Last Shopping Trip – Given that we are shopping sales, there may be a large amount of items that need to be purchased that last week. It is best to allow for a little more money in the budget the last week (or the extra from previous weeks) to purchase the last minute items. These may not actually be on sale when they need to be purchased. It is our suggestion that you shop for all of the last items a couple days before your scheduled OAM Cooking BIG DAY.