Sliced & Diced: Broccoli
I love broccoli. For as long as I can remember. Well, the cooked kind at least. I have only recently started enjoying raw broccoli. It took me a little longer to come around to that.
Honestly, I don’t know why broccoli has such a bad wrap. Do you? Perhaps it is the offensive odor that it gives off when cooked? You know, like dirty socks on a wet rainy day? Yea, I guess that isn’t so tasty sounding. But really, when cooked well, not overcooked it is a magnificent vegetable.
I can’t tell you how elated I was when my husband finally came around to broccoli. Our whole relationship changed! Okay, I am exaggerating. But our menu options sure did open up!
At any rate, it is broccoli season so I thought we should talk equivalents and yields for heads of broccoli. Keep in mind that head sizes vary but this is a rough estimate of what to expect from broccoli.
Recipes Using Broccoli:
- Chicken Broccoli Casserole, “Real” Chicken Broccoli Rice Casserole, or Cheesy Broccoli Rice Casserole Cups
- Homemade Cheesy Rice
- Veggie Pizza
- Clean Eating Broccoli Soup
- Paleo Beef “Sausage” and Broccoli Egg Cups
- Chicken Divan
- Chicken Alfredo Casserole with Buttermilk Biscuits
- Broccoli Cheese Soup
- Chicken and Broccoli Quesadillas
- Light Lemon Chicken with Broccoli
- GFDF Teriyaki Chicken