Sunday Salads: Candied Walnut and Grape Salad with Dijon Vinaigrette
This is yet another salad that I knew was going to be on this series from the beginning. We love eating at Dewey’s. Their pizza is phenomenal and a little off the beaten path in terms of the selections. And their salads are just as amazing as their pizza. Which says A LOT in my book. Do you have a Dewey’s near you? If you haven’t tried it, you really should.
The pizza we order when we go is always changing, however, the salad is a constant Candied Walnut Grape Salad all the way! My husband and I usually split it and then bargain over the last few bits. It is incredible.
One day it dawned on me that I might actually be able to come up with the equivalent at home. So I scoured the internet in search of a comparable recipe. And I am happy to say, this recipe does the trick! Don’t worry Dewey’s we are still coming to visit every now and again, we just can’t quit you!
Candied Walnut and Grape Salad with Dijon Vinaigrette
Author/Source: Tricia @ onceamonthmeals.com
Candied Walnut & Grape Salad Ingredients:
- 5 cups romaine leaves, chopped
- 1 cup red seedless grapes, halved (you can use white but red ads more color
- 3 1/2 ounces Gorgonzola, crumbled
- 1/2 cup candied walnuts, halves
Dijon Vinaigrette Ingredients:
- 1/3 cup fresh orange juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh squeezed lemon juice (1/2 lemon)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon aged balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, minced
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
In a large salad bowl mix together salad ingredients. In a small bowl with a lid or shakable container mix all the ingredients for the Dijon Vinaigrette. Just before serving, pour dressing over the salad and mix to combine.
Once A Month Mom Meat Pairings:
(Suggestions from us to you on meats from Once a Month Mom menus you might use atop this salad as a way to use leftovers or to change up your meal selections.)
- Honey Mustard Pork Chops (May Traditional)
- Garlic Dijon Chicken (May Gluten Free & Dairy Free)
- Lemon Chicken (May Traditional)
- Honey Mustard Grilled Chicken (Summer Diet)
- Grilled Summer Steak Kabobs (Summer Diet)
- Black Bean Burgers (Kitchen Stewardship Beans eBook) (June Whole Foods & Vegetarian)
- Turkey Cutlets with Mustard Sauce (June Gluten Free & Dairy Free)
Sunday Salads Button Code:
Now it is your turn to link up. Please include a link to http://onceamonthmeals.com/oamm_meal_type/sunday-salads/ OR http://onceamonthmeals.com OR this post in your link submission somewhere. Yes, you may add it to a previously posted recipe and link up.
Your Sunday Salad Submissions: