Sunday Salads: Strawberry Kiwi Spinach Salad with Poppyseed Dressing
It is the inaugural Sunday Salads post! I am so excited for this series for so many reasons. First and foremost, because with all of those frozen meals and the gardens overflowing, I still love to have fresh fruits and vegetables on the table for dinner. And what is better than a great tasting salad to compliment a meal. Or to be the meal for that matter!
Now, I find it a bit ironic that I started off Sunday Salads with a recipe that I can’t even eat! Yes, I am allergic to strawberries. BUT. Maybe you aren’t! And strawberry season is upon us so if you can enjoy them, please do (and have a few extra for me).
I will say that I enjoyed this salad minus the strawberries. I happened to have some kiwis about as they were on sale and I thought it would be fun to mix it up a bit and throw them into the mix too. After all, don’t you see kiwis and strawberries together quite a bit? And then I decided to get add some pizazz with some homemade candied pecans. Mmm. . . .well. I will let you let your taste buds do the deciding.
Strawberry Kiwi Spinach Salad with Poppy Seed Dressing
Tricia @ onceamonthmeals.com
Strawberry Kiwi Spinach Salad Ingredients:
- 4 cups fresh spinach, washed
- 1 pint strawberries, sliced
- 2 kiwis, peeled, halved and sliced
- 0.25 cups feta cheese
- 2 cups candied pecans
- Poppy Seed Dressing (see below)
Poppyseed Dressing Ingredients:
- .33 cups sugar
- .50 cups grapeseed oil
- .25 cups vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons celery seed
- 1.5 Tablespoons poppy seed
- .25 teaspoon paprika
- .50 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1.5 teaspoons minced onion
Mix salad ingredients together carefully. Prepare Poppy Seed dressing ingredients in a separate container and shake vigorously. Serve dressing on the side or add to salad just before serving. Allowing the dressing to sit for an extended period of time on the salad mix will cause wilting.
Once A Month Mom Meat Pairings:
(Suggestions from us to you on meats from Once a Month Mom menus you might use atop this salad as a way to use leftovers or to change up your meal selections.)
- Honey Mustard Pork Chops (May Traditional)
- Garlic-Lime Pork Chops (May Traditional)
- Garlic Dijon Chicken (May Gluten Free & Dairy Free)
- Lemon Chicken (May Traditional)
- Honey Mustard Grilled Chicken (Summer Diet)
- Grilled Summer Steak Kabobs (Summer Diet)
- Black Bean Burgers (Kitchen Stewardship Beans eBook) (June Whole Foods & Vegetarian)
- Honey Chicken Kabobs (June Gluten Free & Dairy Free)
- Turkey Cutlets with Mustard Sauce (June Gluten Free & Dairy Free)
Sunday Salads Button Code:
Now it is your turn to link up. Please include a link to http://onceamonthmeals.com/oamm_meal_type/sunday-salads/ OR http://onceamonthmeals.com OR this post in your link submission somewhere. Yes, you may add it to a previously posted recipe and link up.
<a href=”http://onceamonthmeals.com/oamm_meal_type/sunday-salads/”><img src=”http://www.onceamonthmeals.com/wp-content/uploads/sundaysalads2.jpg”>
Your Sunday Salad Submissions: