Top Ten Tuesday: Blogher ’10 Moments
So it has been a week and I think I have finally gotten my head twisted around and put back on! Of course, much of that craziness was due to last week’s Back-To-School Giveaway Bonanza which came on the heels of Blogher (there are still a few giveaways that you can still enter so hurry over).
At any rate, it is time to share some of the fun things I did and learned while at the conference! And YES, I know there are numbers next to each of these but there are in no certain order. I just CAN’T possibly rank them!
So here it goes:
I was in high demand for product videos. It was exhausting but I simply couldn’t let my fans down. (Sarcasm implied). I love being goofy and they had a camera, what is a girl to do?
1. Wal-Mart – how we stay green through OAMM cooking (I only had 30 seconds to come up with my answer, I have thought of a million others since then.)
2. JVC – Aren’t those glasses rockin’?
[youtube PW5BADqyHBk nolink]
3. Shannan and Susan – who graciously allowed me to squeeze into their room at the Hilton. It was so great to share stories, share resources and share snuggles with these two. They are amazing writers, people, and PR professionals.
4. Common Sense with Money – We were pregnant together last Blogher so it was only natural that we should hang out not pregnant, right? I love Mercedes because she is one of the kindest, yet direct bloggers I know. And she loves her readers so much that she went “dumpster diving” for coupons to give them on her blog! I just had to help her because it was so sweet.
5. Dine and Dish – I responded to a call for a sight-seeing companion on Twitter and couldn’t have been more pleased with spending my first afternoon of the conference with Kristen. We had a bit of an adventure getting her back in time for her radio interview but it was an amazingly scenic and engaging morning. I am SO glad I went. And I can’t wait to see Kristen again at Blogher Food ’10
6. George G. Smith, Jr. – I know, you aren’t surprised, you remember me mentioning George in my Top Ten PR People post (cause I know you read ALL my posts). Surprise, surprise seeing him again would be a highlight. But really, it truly was. I haven’t seen George, nor worked with him since Blogher last year, so to get to have a conversation with him and chat about life, PR and the world we call the Blogosphere was great! Not to mention he introduced me to some INCREDIBLE new PR people – thank you George!
7. Pitch Me – This was the name of the last session I attended on Friday at Blogher. It was led by Jenn Fowler and Lucritia Pruitt – they did a FANTASTIC job facilitating this group, giving practical and comedic advice and helping us put our pitch into practice.
8. eBay Classifieds – As you can see by the button in my right side bar, I am an eBay Classifieds Ambassador. I started this year long gig with some amazing other women bloggers back in March. I was so excited to get to spend a meal talking with them and sharing stories from the previous months. And I didn’t up getting anything spilled on me, thanks Green & Clean Mom! :)
eBay Classifieds was also my gracious sponsor to this conference which I am tremendously grateful. I had such a fabulous time, made great new friends, met some great companies and found new ways to enhance my blog! Thank you!
9. NYC Night Tours4Fun Tour Hosted by NYCityMama – I decided to attend this event based on the fact that Staci was planning to attend. She is a fellow eBay Classifieds Ambassador and I didn’t get to spend enough time talking with her at our Ambassador trip. I knew she was a blogger that I could really connect with. We had a great time on the bus (although we were fighting to stay awake most of the time) seeing the sites of the city. I even won a $300 toy prize back courtesy of Litsky PR. Yipee! My kids thought it was an amazing day when that huge box arrived!
10. Kellogg’s Cereal Mom Breakfast – I can’t wait to tell you more about this campaign in the coming months! For now I will just say that the view was magnificent, the company was delightful and the breakfast was super tasty.
Okay, that is all for this week. I think I will have to share with you my specific food exploits from Blogher next week! Stay tuned!