TRADITIONAL April 2012 Menu
Pam here! This April menu is exciting for me, as it marks a year of creating Traditional menus for Once a Month Mom.
Staying true to the “traditional” format, this month’s menu is full of simple family favorites. As spring is officially here, I encourage you to take advantage of the seasonal produce that’s beginning to crop up and serve your pre-prepped freezer meals along fresh sides of steamed broccoli, roasted or grilled asparagus, or a green salad.
The Traditional menu is designed for the “traditional” or “average American family”. It is favorites you would find in a majority of kitchens across the country. If you aren’t the average american family you may wish to try out one of or specialty menus. If you are new and not sure how to get started we have a wonderful series starting with 5 easy steps to get you on your way to once a month cooking. Good luck!
**Stay tuned on the 5th (5 Day Menu) and 10th (10 Day Menu) of April as we have accompanying Traditional Mini Menus coming out then that you might enjoy if you are looking for a lighter cooking day or are just getting started with freezer cooking.
- Herbed Beef
- Chicken Caesar Sandwiches
- Cheesy Chicken Ranch Lasagna
- Paula Deen Tacos
- Thai Peanut Noodles
- Chicken Asparagus Carbanara
- Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Shells
- Creamy Chicken and Mushrooms**
**Indicates meals that require NO COOKING on your OAMC BIG DAY aka “throw and go” meals, perfect for the family who needs to adjust to just do the quick meals!
Update: This menu is now available in Menu Builder in addition to the Google Docs below! As you can see we have a NEW way of getting and printing your monthly menu documents. As part of that change, we have also changed the type/size of labels we use. The below labels in Menu Builder will print four to a page and line up with Avery 8168/5168 labels or equivalent.
Recipe CardsOAMM Members Only!
Grocery ListOAMM Members Only!
InstructionsOAMM Members Only!
LabelsOAMM Members Only!
Are you a person that likes to see the menus visually? Perhaps you should check out the April 2012 Traditional Menu via Pinterest to see the yummy goodness you will be cooking up on this menu. Not sure what Pinterest is all about, check out what Once A Month Mom has to say about it.
Facebook Fan Party:
OAMM Facebook Fan Page Party – April 12 2012, 9:00 pm – 9:30 pm EST – We will be able to chat via video AND messaging during the event through FACEBOOK! How cool is that? We will be talking about the current month’s menus, answer your burning questions about freezer cooking and have fun getting to know one another. You can also see other past recordings from that tab as well. This is a great way to meet fellow Once A Month Mom’s or get your questions answered as you get started.
Instructions for viewing live-stream:
- Go to the Once A Month Mom Facebook Fan Page.
- Click on the “FB Fan Night” Tab.
- Hit “view live recording” – If I am live streaming it will show you what is happening in progress. If I am not live streaming at the time, you will have the option to click through other videos that I have recorded in the past.
Each month we have some wonderful volunteers who “test” out the menu prior to publication. They do an amazing job of helping to eliminate confusion and mistakes. They may not catch everything but they sure do catch A LOT! If you are interested in test cook, feel free to volunteer. Here is a little bit about this month’s test cooks:
- Rebecca Riehle - I am a mom of 4 and wife to 1 who loves to cook, bake, sew and craft. I currently live in southern Arizona with my family. I’m from the South and love my southern heritage.
- Jen Thomas - is a SAHM of 4 boys aged 8yo to 7mo in Houston, TX. She enjoys cooking, but hates cleaning so she loves making freezer meals and only having to clean up one big mess. Her husband is just glad there’s always food in the house!
Are you new to Once A Month Mom or once a month cooking (oamc) in general? If so, you might want to spend a few minutes (or hours) on the Get Started Series. If you are in a real hurry to catch on we have written some simple steps for getting started. Welcome!