Traditional January 2014 Menu
The Traditional menu is designed for the “traditional” or “average American family”. It is favorites you would find in a majority of kitchens across the country. If you aren’t the average american family you may wish to try out one of our specialty menus. If you are new and not sure how to get started we have a wonderful series starting with 5 easy steps to get you on your way to once a month cooking. Good luck! If you like this menu you might want to check out all our past Traditional menus or in-season menus – January 2010′s, January 2011′s, January 2012′s or January 2013′s menu if you are looking for something different!
- Buffalo Chicken Soup
- Beefy Chili Pockets
- Spicy Sausage Pasta
- Turkey Cranberry Cream Cheese Quesadilla
- Baked Cheddar Cheese Dijon Chicken Tenders **
- Enchilada Pasta
- Creamy Chicken Pockets
- Crockpot Pork and Pineapple Teriyaki **
- 6 Hour Slow Cooker Chili
- Greek Chicken Potato Packets
- Slow Cooker Parmesan Honey Pork Roast **
- Chicken A La King
**Indicates meals that require NO COOKING on your OAMC BIG DAY aka “throw and go” meals, perfect for the family who needs to adjust to just do the quick meals!
As you can see we have a NEW way of getting and printing your monthly menu documents. As part of that change, we have also changed the type/size of labels we use. The above labels will print four to a page and line up with Avery 8168/5168 labels or equivalent.
Are you a person that likes to see the menus visually? Perhaps you should check out the January 2014 Traditional Menu via Pinterest to see the yummy goodness you will be cooking up on this menu. Not sure what Pinterest is all about, check out what Once A Month Mom has to say about it.
Each month we have some wonderful volunteers who “test” out the menu prior to publication. They do an amazing job of helping to eliminate confusion and mistakes. They may not catch everything but they sure do catch A LOT! If you are interested in test cook, feel free to volunteer. Here is a little bit about this month’s test cooks:
- Christina Niemeyer- I am a part-time from home working mother of 2 (ages 5, 1), volunteer and military wife. I am a very busy person and LOVE that cooking once a month gives me sooo much extra time and $$ with/for my family! My blog is Please Don’t Puke On Me: http://pleasedontpukeonme.blogspot.com/
- Tess Morris- My name is Tessa Morris. I am a mom of 5 ages 7 and under. My husband works the evening shift and we homeschool during the day.
- Stephanie Jordan- I am a Paramedic in Grand County, Colorado. We enjoy anything outdoors…right now, it’s cross country skiing, downhill skiing and snowshoeing.
Are you new to Once A Month Mom or once a month cooking (oamc) in general? If so, you might want to spend a few minutes (or hours) on the Get Started Series. If you are in a real hurry to catch on we have written some simple steps for getting started. Welcome!