Traditional May 2014 Menu
The Traditional menu is designed for the “traditional” or “average American family”. It is favorites you would find in a majority of kitchens across the country. If you aren’t the average american family you may wish to try out one of our specialty menus. If you are new and not sure how to get started we have a wonderful series starting with 5 easy steps to get you on your way to once a month cooking. Good luck! If you like this menu you might want to check out all our past Traditional menus or in-season menus – May 2009′s, Summer 2010′s, May 2011′s, May 2012′s or May 2013′s menus if you are looking for something different!
- Kentucky Hot Brown Bake
- Shredded Pork Tostadas
- Cajun Chicken Alfredo
- Super Easy Crockpot Broccoli Cheese Soup
- Cheesy Shepherd’s Pie
- Slow Cooked Pork with Orange Marmalade
- Slow Cooker White Wine and Garlic Chicken**
- Grilled Chicken Diablo**
- Sweet and Tangy Grilled Chicken**
- Best Burger Ever with Secret Sauce**
- Slightly Sweet Sloppy Joe’s
- Turkey Parmesan Meatloaf**
**Indicates meals that require NO COOKING on your OAMC BIG DAY aka “throw and go” meals, perfect for the family who needs to adjust to just do the quick meals!
As you can see we have a NEW way of getting and printing your monthly menu documents. As part of that change, we have also changed the type/size of labels we use. The above labels will print four to a page and line up with Avery 8168/5168 labels or equivalent.
Are you a person that likes to see the menus visually? Perhaps you should check out the May 2014 Traditional Menu via Pinterest to see the yummy goodness you will be cooking up on this menu. Not sure what Pinterest is all about, check out what Once A Month Meals has to say about it.
Each month we have some wonderful volunteers who “test” out the menu prior to publication. They do an amazing job of helping to eliminate confusion and mistakes. They may not catch everything but they sure do catch A LOT! If you are interested in test cook, feel free to volunteer. Here is a little bit about this month’s test cooks:
- Gemma Mousley - I am a stay-at-home mum and love to cook, read and spend time with my family. Having healthy, delicious meals ready to go in the freezer is perfect for my busy family.
- Christina Niemeyer - I am a mother of 2 (ages 5 and 1), volunteer and military wife. I’ve recently started a restaurant with my best friend and rely on OAMM to make sure my family is fed well when I’m not around!
Are you new to Once A Month Meals or once a month cooking (oamc) in general? If so, you might want to spend a few minutes (or hours) on the Get Started Series. If you are in a real hurry to catch on we have written some simple steps for getting started. Welcome!