Vegetarian April 2014 Menu
For a detailed explanation of what is involved in creating the vegetarian menu we have a post explaining it all. If you are new and not sure how to get started we have a wonderful series starting with 5 easy steps to get you on your way to once a month cooking. Good luck!
- White Bean Buffalo Soup
- Orange Tofu and Peppers
- Cheesy Vegan Mushroom Quinoa
- Sweet Potato and Lentil Chili
- Sweet Potato & Red Onion Black Bean Burgers**
- Vegan Vegetable Fried Rice
- Twice Baked Walnut Broccoli Sweet Potatoes**
- Slow Cooker Tofu with Cashew Kale Pesto**
- Spicy BBQ Chickpea Burgers**
- African Coconut Chickpea Soup**
- Caprese Quinoa Cakes**
- Asparagus and Lemon Risotto with Arugula
**Indicates meals that require NO COOKING on your OAMC BIG DAY aka “throw and go” meals, perfect for the family who needs to adjust to just do the quick meals!
As you can see we have a NEW way of getting and printing your monthly menu documents. As part of that change, we have also changed the type/size of labels we use. The above labels will print four to a page and line up with Avery 8168/5168 labels or equivalent.
Are you a person that likes to see the menus visually? Perhaps you should check out the April 2014 Vegetarian Menu via Pinterest to see the yummy goodness you will be cooking up on this menu. Not sure what Pinterest is all about, check out what Once A Month Meals has to say about it.
Each month we have some wonderful volunteers who “test” out the menu prior to publication. They do an amazing job of helping to eliminate confusion and mistakes. They may not catch everything but they sure do catch A LOT! If you are interested in test cook, feel free to volunteer. Here is a little bit about this month’s test cooks:
- Stephanie Helgeson - I am a pediatric pharmacist and an animal shelter volunteer. I live in central Wisconsin with my boyfriend and our cat and dog. In my free time I like to knit and run marathons (not at the same time).
- April Luton - April is a full time accountant in Massachusetts who has a young son and fiancé. She enjoys eating a vegetarian diet and the flexibility the freezer meals have given her every night.
Are you new to Once A Month Mom or once a month cooking (oamc) in general? If so, you might want to spend a few minutes (or hours) on the Get Started Series. If you are in a real hurry to catch on we have written some simple steps for getting started. Welcome!