Vegetarian June 2014 Menu
For a detailed explanation of what is involved in creating the vegetarian menu we have a post explaining it all. If you are new and not sure how to get started we have a wonderful series starting with 5 easy steps to get you on your way to once a month cooking. Good luck!
- Banana Almond Baked Oatmeal Cups
- Vegan Pina Colada Smoothie**
- Sunflower Seed Butter Granola Bars with Chocolate Drizzle**
- Summer Picnic Wrap**
- Simple Summer Porch Salad
- One Pot Spaghetti
- Couscous with Dried Cherries, Pistachio, Orange Zest, and Cocoa Powder
- Spinach Gratin
- Crockpot Vegetable Ziti**
- Black Bean and Spinach Enchilada Casserole
- Caprese Quesadilla
- Balsamic Grilled Veggies**
- Crispy Garlic and Ginger Tofu**
- Sweet Corn “Sausage” Thyme Pizza
- Quinoa Broccoli Black Bean Stew**
**Indicates meals that require NO COOKING on your OAMC BIG DAY aka “throw and go” meals, perfect for the family who needs to adjust to just do the quick meals!
As you can see we have a NEW way of getting and printing your monthly menu documents. As part of that change, we have also changed the type/size of labels we use. The above labels will print four to a page and line up with Avery 8168/5168 labels or equivalent.
Are you a person that likes to see the menus visually? Perhaps you should check out the June 2014 Vegetarian Menu via Pinterest to see the yummy goodness you will be cooking up on this menu. Not sure what Pinterest is all about, check out what Once A Month Meals has to say about it.
Each month we have some wonderful volunteers who “test” out the menu prior to publication. They do an amazing job of helping to eliminate confusion and mistakes. They may not catch everything but they sure do catch A LOT! If you are interested in test cook, feel free to volunteer. Here is a little bit about this month’s test cooks:
- Katie Funseth - Katie is a new mother currently living in the Midwest with her husband and daughter. She enjoys hiking, traveling and cooking.
- Nancy Lewis – I work full-time and volunteer for several community groups. I’m married to a triathlete who’s currently training for Ironman and a mom of two growing, active boys. I enjoy cooking and want to put healthy, nutritious, and delicious meals on the table for my physically active family. OAMM helps me accomplish that and still find some “me” time to do the things I enjoy like running, triathlon, and reading.
- Stacey Lorenz - I’m a stay-at-home mom to four great kids. I love to cook healthy from-scratch recipes for my family!
Are you new to Once A Month Meals or once a month cooking (oamc) in general? If so, you might want to spend a few minutes (or hours) on the Get Started Series. If you are in a real hurry to catch on we have written some simple steps for getting started. Welcome!