Whole Foods BBQ Chicken Pizza
As mentioned before we are pizza people. I was looking recently for an alternative to our typical Friday night feast, and came across a recipe for BBQ Chicken Pizza. We were more than pleased with our discovery! It tasted fantastic, and we were able to use up chicken we had cooked earlier in the week and finish up our homemade BBQ sauce. Now that the weather is starting to warm up, I cannot wait to try this on the grill! If there is one thing I have been wanting for a long time it’s a Pizza Peel. I’ll admit I have been doing pretty well without it using a combo of plastic cutting boards and parchment paper, therefore you don’t have to have a Pizza Peel but I know it’s on my wish list.
BBQ Chicken Pizza
Kelly @ onceamonthmeals.com
- 1 each Pizza dough
- 3 cups chicken breast, preferably organic, cooked and diced
- 2 cups Barbecue sauce
- 2 cups fresh mozzarella cheese, thinly sliced
- 1.25 cups red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoons chopped cilantro, preferably organic
- drizzle olive oil
- pinch salt
1) Dice prepared chicken and smother in 1/2 cup barbecue sauce.
2) Roll out and stretch the dough onto sheet pan(s) drizzled with olive oil, or onto a pizza peel or parchment paper sprinkled with cornmeal. (Make large pizzas or small pizzas, whatever you choose. Sprinkle crust with olive oil and salt.
3) Spoon the rest of the barbecue sauce onto the crust, spread evenly.
4) Top sauce with sliced mozzarella, sprinkle with chicken then onion. Lastly sprinkle with cilantro.
5) Preheat oven to 450 degrees. If you have a pizza stone, place in oven for preheat. Bake for 15 minutes or until crust is golden brown and toppings are bubbly.
At step 4, flash freeze and wrap in plastic wrap until ready to bake. To serve: Preheat oven to 450 degrees. If you have a pizza stone, place in oven for preheat. Bake for 30 minutes or until crust is golden brown and toppings are bubbly.
Notes: Please buy and use fresh mozzarella cheese, it makes all the difference in taste! And shred it yourself too!
This Post will be linked at:
- Cooking Thursday at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom
- Full Plate Thursday at Miz Helen’s Country Cottage
- Recipe Swap Thursday at Prairie Story
- It’s a Keeper Thursday at It’s a Keeper
- Thrilling Thursday at Paisley Passions
- Ultimate Recipe Swap at Life As Mom
- Frugal Food Thursday at Frugal Follies
Disclosure: Affiliate links included in this post.