Once A Month Meals offers custom freezer meal plans to meet your family's needs. Sign up to add this recipe to your own custom meal plan.
- 1 ½ cups cook Ground Turkey
- 1 ¼ cups dice Onion
- 1 tablespoon Garlic Powder
- ⅛ teaspoons Salt
- ⅛ teaspoons Black Pepper
- 4 cups Salsa
- 2 ½ cups dice Bell Pepper, Red
- 2 cups Mango, Chunks
- 2 cups peel, pit, and dice Avocado
Serving Day Ingredients
These ingredients are added AFTER your meal has been frozen — for the day you serve and eat it.
- 2 cups cook White Rice, Long-Grain
- Not available.
Make It Now Cooking Directions
These directions are for cooking this recipe to serve immediately and NOT to freeze for later.
- Combine ground turkey, onion, garlic powder, salt, pepper and salsa in large pan on stovetop.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat.
- Cover and let simmer for 20 minutes.
- Place approximately 1/4 cup of rice on plate, the top with turkey and salsa mixture.
- Finally, top with fresh vegetable and fruit mixture as desired.
Freeze For Later Cooking Directions
These directions help you cook or prepare this meal PRIOR to being frozen for serving later (see Serving Day Directions when you are ready to prepare it to eat).
- Combine ground turkey, onion, garlic powder, salt, pepper and salsa in a large bowl.
- Divide turkey mixture among 1/2 indicated number of freezer bags.
- Combine pepper, avocados and mangoes in remaining freezer bags, removing as much air as possible.
- Label and freeze.
Make From Frozen Serving Day Directions
These directions help you cook or reheat this meal AFTER it's been frozen for when you are ready to eat it.
- Heat turkey mixture in a skillet over med-high heat for 10-12 minutes or until heated through.
- Serve over cooked rice and top with fresh vegetable/ fruit mixture.