Slow Cooker Beef and Broccoli
Once A Month Meals offers custom freezer meal plans to meet your family's needs. Sign up to add this recipe to your own custom meal plan.
- ¼ cups Kettle & Fire's Beef Bone Broth
- 1 tablespoon Cornstarch
- 1 fluid ounce White Wine
- 2 tablespoons Soy Sauce
- 2 tablespoons Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Olive Oil
- 2 teaspoons mince Garlic, Cloves
- ½ teaspoons Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 ½ pounds Beef Round Steak
- 2 cups cook Brown Rice, Long-Grain
- 1 cup dice Broccoli
Serving Day Ingredients
These ingredients are added AFTER your meal has been frozen — for the day you serve and eat it.
- 1 tablespoon Sesame Seeds
- Not available.
Make It Now Cooking Directions
These directions are for cooking this recipe to serve immediately and NOT to freeze for later.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together broth, cornstarch, white wine, vinegar, soy sauce, olive oil, garlic, and red pepper flakes.
- Place mixture and beef into slow cooker and cook on low for 6-8 hours (or on high for 4-5 hours).
- Add broccoli in the last thirty minutes of cooking.
- Serve beef and broccoli over warm brown rice. Garnish with sesame seeds.
Freeze For Later Cooking Directions
These directions help you cook or prepare this meal PRIOR to being frozen for serving later (see Serving Day Directions when you are ready to prepare it to eat).
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together broth, cornstarch, white wine, soy sauce, vinegar, olive oil, garlic, and red pepper flakes.
- Pour marinade into indicated gallon freezer bags with uncooked beef.
- Divide cooked brown rice into half of indicated quart freezer bags. Divide broccoli into remaining half.
- Place a rice bag and a broccoli bag into each beef bag. Label and freeze.
Make From Frozen Serving Day Directions
These directions help you cook or reheat this meal AFTER it's been frozen for when you are ready to eat it.
- Thaw beef/marinade bag and rice, but not broccoli.
- Cook beef mixture in slow cooker for 6-8 hours on low or 4-5 hours on high.
- Add frozen broccoli for the last hour of cooking.
- Serve over warm brown rice. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.