Slow Cooker Pineapple Pepper Chicken Stew
Once A Month Meals offers custom freezer meal plans to meet your family's needs. Sign up to add this recipe to your own custom meal plan.
- 1 ⅛ cups drain Chunk Pineapple, Juice Reserved
- 1 tablespoon Cornstarch
- ¼ cups Snow Pea
- 2 ½ cups chunk Bell Pepper, Red
- 2 ½ cups dice Chicken, Boneless Breasts
- 2 ⅔ cups chunk Carrot
- 1 cup Chicken Broth/Stock
- 2 tablespoons peel and mince Ginger, Fresh
- 1 tablespoon Brown Sugar
- 2 tablespoons Soy Sauce
- ½ teaspoons Allspice, Ground
- ½ teaspoons Cayenne Pepper Sauce
- Not available.
Make It Now Cooking Directions
These directions are for cooking this recipe to serve immediately and NOT to freeze for later.
- Mix all ingredients except pineapple, cornstarch, snow peas and bell pepper in slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low heat setting for 7 to 8 hours (or high heat setting for 3 to 4 hours) or until vegetables are tender and chicken is no longer pink in center.
- Mix reserved pineapple juice and cornstarch until smooth. Gradually stir into chicken mixture.
- Stir in pineapple, snow peas and bell pepper.
- Cover and cook on high heat setting about 15 minutes or until slightly thickened.
Freeze For Later Cooking Directions
These directions help you cook or prepare this meal PRIOR to being frozen for serving later (see Serving Day Directions when you are ready to prepare it to eat).
- Mix reserved pineapple juice and cornstarch until smooth; divide among half the indicated quart-sized freezer bags.
- Divide pineapple, snow peas and bell pepper among half the indicated number of quart-sized freezer bags.
- Combine remaining ingredients and divide among half of the indicated number of gallon freezer bags.
- Place all bags in another gallon freezer bag (to keep them together) and freeze.
Make From Frozen Serving Day Directions
These directions help you cook or reheat this meal AFTER it's been frozen for when you are ready to eat it.
- Thaw: In fridge
- Add chicken bag to slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low for 7 to 8 hours (or high for 3 to 4 hours) or until vegetables are tender and chicken is no longer pink in center.
- Gradually stir in pineapple juice along with pineapple, snow peas and bell peppers.
- Cover and cook on high for about 15 minutes or until slightly thickened.