Southwest Rice and Beans
- 2 cups cook White Rice, Long-Grain
- 15 ounces drain and rinse Black Beans, Canned
- 1 cup drain Whole Kernel Corn, Canned
- ½ cups Salsa
- 1 teaspoon Cumin
- ½ cups Cheddar Cheese, Shredded
Freeze For Later Cooking Day Directions
These directions help you cook or prepare this meal PRIOR to being frozen for serving later (see Serving Day Directions when you are ready to prepare it to eat).
- In a large mixing bowl, combine rice, beans, corn, salsa, and cumin.
- Divide among indicated number of baking pans and top with cheese.
- Cover tightly with foil. Label and freeze.
Make From Frozen Serving Day Directions
These directions help you cook or reheat this meal AFTER it's been frozen for when you are ready to eat it.
- Prep from frozen
- Bake from frozen at 350 for 1 hour or until cheese is melted and rice is warmed through.
Make It Now Cooking Directions
These directions are for cooking this recipe to serve immediately and NOT to freeze for later.
- In a bowl, mix rice, beans, corn, salsa, and cumin.
- Scoop into a baking dish and sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake at 350 for 20 minutes or until cheese is melted and rice is warmed through.