Sweet and Sour Meatball Skewers
Once A Month Meals offers custom freezer meal plans to meet your family's needs. Sign up to add this recipe to your own custom meal plan.
- 4 ⅔ ounces Meatballs, Frozen
- ½ cups chunk Bell Pepper, Green
- ½ cups chunk Bell Pepper, Red
- ½ cups chunk Onion
- ⅔ cups drain Chunks Pineapple, Canned
- ⅓ cups Sweet & Sour Sauce
- Not available.
Make It Now Cooking Directions
These directions are for cooking this recipe to serve immediately and NOT to freeze for later.
- Thaw meatballs slightly (counter or microwave). On skewers, alternate meatballs, peppers, onions, and pineapple.
- Coat with sweet and sour sauce.
- Grill or broil until all sides are lightly caramelized.
- Serve with additional sauce, if desired.
Freeze For Later Cooking Directions
These directions help you cook or prepare this meal PRIOR to being frozen for serving later (see Serving Day Directions when you are ready to prepare it to eat).
- Allow meatballs to thaw slightly (to get them to thread onto skewers). On skewers, alternate meatballs, peppers, onions, and pineapple. When threading skewers, place the last chunk on the sharp tip of the skewer so it doesn't poke through the freezer bag.
- Place kebabs in freezer bag(s).
- Pour sweet and sour sauce over all and gently shake to coat.
- Seal, label, and freeze.
Make From Frozen Serving Day Directions
These directions help you cook or reheat this meal AFTER it's been frozen for when you are ready to eat it.
- Remove from sauce and grill over medium heat for 1 minute, then turn them over and grill 1 more minute while brushing the leftover sweet & sour sauce over the skewers generously all over.
- Turn down heat and grill one more minute on each side or until they are lightly caramelized.