Tropical Chicken Meatloaf
The burgers that were included on the March Paleo Menu were so incredibly delicious that I wanted to find a way to get the same taste using an easier format. Yes, burgers are easy! But meatloaf is even easier. So I decided to revampe them into a Whole30 friendly, easy peasy meal. If takes a small amount of work on cooking day. But all you have to do on serving day is pull it out of the freezer to defrost and stick it in the oven. It can’t get much easier than that!
Paleo Tropical Chicken Meatloaf
Christine @ onceamonthmeals.com
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1 cup bell peppers (any color), chopped
- 1/2 mango, peeled and diced
- 1 small jalapeno pepper, diced (more or less to taste)
- 1/2 cup coconut flakes, organic unsweetened
- 1/8 cup parsley, finely chopped
- 2 medium eggs (preferably pastured)
- black pepper, freshly ground (to taste)
- sea salt (to taste)
Preheat oven to 400 F. In a large bowl, mix together all ingredients. Put in a meatloaf pan and cook 45-60 minutes, or until meat cooked through.
Before baking: Mix together all ingredients, place in meatloaf pan, cover and freeze. To serve, cook in a 400 F oven 46-60 minutes, or until cooked through.
After baking: Cover pan with aluminum foil and freeze. To serve, thaw, slice, and reheat.
**conversion chart image provided by Erik Spiekermann