OAMM’s Favorite Beef Pot Roast
Once A Month Meals offers custom freezer meal plans to meet your family's needs. Sign up to add this recipe to your own custom meal plan.
- 6 cups peel and chunk Yukon Gold Potato
- 5 ⅓ cups chunk Carrot
- 3 cups chunk Onion
- 2 pounds Boneless Beef Chuck
- 1 ounce Onion Soup Mix, Dried
- 2 cups Water, Hot
- Not available.
Make It Now Cooking Directions
These directions are for cooking this recipe to serve immediately and NOT to freeze for later.
- In a slow cooker add chuck roast.
- In small bowl mix together onion soup mix and hot water.
- Once dissolved pour over beef.
- Add in vegetables.
- Cook on high for 4-6 hours or on low for 6-8 hours.
Freeze For Later Cooking Directions
These directions help you cook or prepare this meal PRIOR to being frozen for serving later (see Serving Day Directions when you are ready to prepare it to eat).
- Place potatoes in bottom of bag and add in remaining vegetables and beef. Be certain that the potatoes are on the bottom of the bag.
- Mix together the water and onion soup mix.
- Pour over contents in gallon freezer bag. If the liquid does not cover all of the potatoes add enough water so that it does, this will prevent browning of potatoes.
- Label & freeze.
Make From Frozen Serving Day Directions
These directions help you cook or reheat this meal AFTER it's been frozen for when you are ready to eat it.
- Cook in slow cooker on high for 4-6 hours or on low for 6-8 hours.