Gluten Free Dairy Free Pumpkin Apple Harvest Rice
Once A Month Meals offers custom freezer meal plans to meet your family's needs.
Sign up to add this recipe to your own custom meal plan.
- 1 cup Pumpkin, Canned
- 2 tablespoons Maple Syrup
- 1 ½ tablespoons Apple Cider Vinegar
- ¼ teaspoons Black Pepper
- ¼ teaspoons Cinnamon
- 1 ¾ cups cook Brown Rice, Long-Grain
- ¾ cups dice Apple
- ¾ cups dice Onion, Yellow
- 2 tablespoons Raisins
- ½ cups chop Walnuts
- 1 tablespoon Parsley, Dried
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- ⅛ teaspoons Salt
- Not available.
- Cook rice according to package directions.
- Combine pumpkin, syrup, vinegar, pepper and cinnamon in a small bowl.
- Mix with brown rice.
- Add remaining ingredients to rice mixture.
- Serve warm or keep in warm oven until ready to serve.
These directions help you cook or prepare this meal to be frozen.
- Combine pumpkin, syrup, vinegar, pepper and cinnamon in a bowl.
- Divide among 1/3 of the indicated number of freezer bags.
- Place rice in another 1/3 of the indicated number of freezer bags.
- Add remaining ingredients to the final 1/3 of the indicated number of freezer bags.
- Keep bags together. Label and freeze.
Serving Day Directions
These directions help you cook or reheat this meal after it's been frozen.
- Warm rice through in microwave for 1 minute.
- Let pumpkin mixture and apple mixture get to room temperature or heat for a few seconds in microwave.
- Mix everything together.
- Serve warm.