Gluten Free Dairy Free Pumpkin Apple Harvest Rice
- 1 cup Pumpkin, Canned
- 2 tablespoons Maple Syrup
- 1 ½ tablespoons Apple Cider Vinegar
- ¼ teaspoons Black Pepper
- ¼ teaspoons Cinnamon
- 1 ¾ cups cook Brown Rice, Long-Grain
- ¾ cups dice Apple
- ¾ cups dice Onion, Yellow
- 2 tablespoons Raisins
- ½ cups chop Walnuts
- 1 tablespoon Parsley, Dried
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- ⅛ teaspoons Salt
Freeze For Later Cooking Day Directions
These directions help you cook or prepare this meal PRIOR to being frozen for serving later (see Serving Day Directions when you are ready to prepare it to eat).
- Combine pumpkin, syrup, vinegar, pepper and cinnamon in a bowl.
- Divide among 1/3 of the indicated number of freezer bags.
- Place rice in another 1/3 of the indicated number of freezer bags.
- Add remaining ingredients to the final 1/3 of the indicated number of freezer bags.
- Keep bags together. Label and freeze.
Make From Frozen Serving Day Directions
These directions help you cook or reheat this meal AFTER it's been frozen for when you are ready to eat it.
- Thaw: In fridge
- Warm rice through in microwave for 1 minute.
- Let pumpkin mixture and apple mixture get to room temperature or heat for a few seconds in microwave.
- Mix everything together.
- Serve warm.
Make It Now Cooking Directions
These directions are for cooking this recipe to serve immediately and NOT to freeze for later.
- Cook rice according to package directions.
- Combine pumpkin, syrup, vinegar, pepper and cinnamon in a small bowl.
- Mix with brown rice.
- Add remaining ingredients to rice mixture.
- Serve warm or keep in warm oven until ready to serve.