How to: Roast and Freeze Squash
- Pre-heat the oven to 400°F.
- Cut the squash in half lengthwise, trimming off the stem.
- Use a spoon to scrape out seeds and guts.
- Prick the flesh of the squash with a fork, brush or spray lightly with oil and place flesh-down on a cookie sheet. (Lining the cookie sheet with foil makes for easier clean-up.)
- Roast for 45 minutes to an hour or until squash is fork-tender when pierced.
- Allow to cool, and peel off the skin.
- Chop, cube, mash, or puree.
- Portion into freezer bags or containers and freeze.