On July 2, 2012 by Kelly
Menu Plan Monday
July is HERE!! Along with all of the red, white, and blue, comes the heat and humidity of an Iowa summer. I try to keep our family meals light, with sides of fresh fruits and vegetables. Planning ahead and doing my cooking during the early morning hours saves from heating the house up during the day, and helps to stock the freezer with plenty of meals and snacks to keep us going.
With a week full of field trips, potlucks and fireworks, our family will be on the go most every day. My saving grace is my stocked freezer – so all I have to do is plan ahead, pull out of freezer and gather around the table.
- Toddler Breakfast – cold cereal, milk
- Toddler Lunch – Pizzas In A Sleeping Bag, watermelon
- Snacks – cheese and crackers, Tri-Berry Yogurt Pops
- Dinner – Tomato Basil Burgers, fresh greens salad
- Toddler Breakfast – Zucchini Muffins
- Toddler Lunch – turkey sandwich on whole wheat bread with cheese, carrots
- Snacks – graham crackers, apple slices with peanut butter
- Dinner – Green Chile Chicken Enchiladas, lettuce, tomatoes, sour cream
Wednesday – Happy 4th of July!
- Lunch – brats and sweet corn on the grill
- Dinner – potluck and fireworks at the neighbors – taking Chocolate Revel Bars
- Toddler Breakfast – French Toast Stick Kabobs
- Toddler Lunch – Visit to the CSA farm and kid-friendly meal by Chef Katie Routh
- Snacks – Balls of Energy, rice krispy treats
- Dinner – leftovers
- Toddler Breakfast – pancakes, strawberries
- Toddler Lunch – Mac & Cheese, hot dogs, pineapple
- Snacks – peanut butter toast with bananas, Frozen Yogurt Fruit Cups
- Dinner – Grilling – chicken breasts, summer squash, eggplant
- Lunch – out with the family
- Dinner – Supper at the campfire with the family – burgers, potato salad, fresh fruit salad
- Happy 40th Birthday to my dearest Husband! Lunch – out for lunch to celebrate birthday!
- Dinner – cold turkey and roast beef sandwiches on wheat bread, lettuce, mayo
For more great Menu Plan Monday menu planning ideas visit orgjunkie.com!