On May 8, 2011 by Kelly
Welcome to the Once a Month Meals Vegetarian Menu
Delicious freezer meals don’t have to focus on meat. Our Vegetarian Menu provides a wide variety of appealing, flavorful, meatless recipes. Each menu will include 15 dinner recipes that will help simplify meal planning and make meatless meals convenient. We know that for some the choice to eat vegetarian meals comes from a desire to cut costs, so you will find these menus to be very budget conscious.
Types of Food Included:
Recipes will be much like those found on the Traditional Menu but meatless! We aim to make a vegetarian lifestyle convenient and family friendly by providing dishes inspired by seasonal produce and meatless makeovers of classic dishes.
Here are some examples of main ingredients you will see on menus:
- Plentiful, seasonal produce
- Pasta, rice, quinoa and other hearty grains
- Variety of flours used in baked goods
- Meatless protein options such as eggs and legumes
- Meat substitutes such as tofu or seitan
- Occasional use of packaged or homemade meat alternatives such as vegetarian bacon or sausage (We do try to limit those that are overly processed or detract from the dish.)
Types of Food NOT Included:
- Meat or seafood
- Packaged foods or ingredients made from meat
- Broths made from meat
- If a recipe or menu is marked as vegan it will also exclude dairy, eggs, honey, and other animal byproducts.
Tips and Resources for our Vegetarian Menu:
- Members can create a custom menu plan; for example if you would like to create a Vegan menu or if you need to include some meat dishes for other members of the family.
- Find recipes from our Vegetarian blog partners like Becca @ Amuse Your Bouche or Jenn @ Veggie Inspired Journey.
- We provide Vegan Menus as part of our Mini Menu rotation. You can find several Vegan Mini Menus in our archives.
- Whole Food Meat Alternatives
- Top 25 Vegetarian OAMM Recipes