On September 22, 2013 by Erin Fullam
If you have ever followed even one menu on this blog you know that we ask our readers to be our test kitchens for our monthly menus. Our test kitchens help us work out the kinks, missing ingredients, and unclear directions on our monthly menus.
We rely on the goodness of your skills and feedback to make each month’s menus a success. We are currently looking for test kitchens for the next six months. If you are at all interested, please fill out this survey. Don’t worry, you get to indicate which menus you are interested in cooking and which times of the year you might be available. You also can decline if we email you to ask you for a month and something has come up. We understand, life happens.
What does a test cook need to be able to do:
- Be able to keep the menu TOP SECRET until the 1st of the month when it is revealed.
- Be able to cook the menu between the 5th and 15th of a given month. (For example: If you want to be a tester for the January menu you would need to be able to cook between November 5th and November 15th.)
- You can decide to not make a few of the items if you would like, however, we ask that you stay as close to the menu as possible – you can change ingredients if it is a family preference or allergy. We prefer you not sub in any recipes – we want to get a feel for the doable nature of the menu and any glitches made. (We sometimes gift meals to others that our family won’t eat). That said, we are working out of season with ingredients at times so you may need to reach out to us for a preferred substitute.
- Take notes as you go on amounts that were wrong or instructions that needed clarifying. Get notes to us within 48 hours of finishing.
- Contact us in an emergency or if you don’t know how to improvise a recipe.
- Acknowledge that there WILL be mistakes.
- Keep it top secret. (Did we mention that already?)
- Feel free to send us any questions beforehand.
- Test cooks receive complimentary membership (eventually PRO) during and beyond the duration of their test cook period.
- We do not compensate for groceries. So please only volunteer if you would normally be doing this type of cooking anyway.
In the past we have been short on Vegetarian, Paleo and Gluten Free & Dairy Free kitchens so if you fall in those categories, we would especially love for you to volunteer.
Also, if you have filled out the survey before you will need to do it AGAIN! We need an update on availability. Thank you in advance and we look forward to working with many of you this coming year.