On December 27, 2010 by Kelly
Welcome to the Once a Month Meals Diet Menu
There are many who love to once a month cook, but don’t love all of the calories of the Traditional Menu – our Diet menu is just for you! The Diet recipes are family friendly favorites that have been adapted to help you lower your fat and calorie intake and control portion size. Each recipe included will contain nutritional information to keep track of your progress. Additionally, since the program is so popular, Weight Watchers Plus Points will be included. Points will be calculated to the best of our ability, but since Once A Month Meals is not associated with Weight Watchers, please use your own tools to ensure the information is accurate. If nutritional information isn’t found on the original recipe, it will be calculated using online resources such as MyfitnessPal.com. These 15 recipes – 3 breakfast, 4 lunch, and 8 dinner – will help make dieting and meal planning simple and convenient.
Types of Foods Included
Diet recipes will be much like those found on the Traditional Menu but with a healthy twist. Our goal is to provide you with well balanced ingredients and appropriate portions that will fit your lifestyle. You will still see lots of tasteful variety here, even though the recipes are healthy. Since portion control is a big part of dieting, we aim to keep all dinners under 12 WW points. Breakfasts and lunches will vary, but are typically less than 8 points, with breakfasts being on the lower end. To keep your diet and your budget balanced, you will see seasonal produce and sale items in this menu. But be aware that you may occasionally see some specialty items, especially on our Trim Healthy Mama compliant menus.
Here are some examples of main ingredients that you will see:
- Lean protein such as chicken/turkey breast, pork, fish, lean cuts of beef, and legumes
- Whole wheat flour
- Low-carb baked items such as breads and tortillas
- Moderate portions of rice, pasta, and high fiber grains
- Plentiful produce
- Low-fat versions of dairy items
- Low-fat or reduced sugar versions of packaged items (mayo, jellies, etc.)
- Limited use of real sugar
Types of Foods NOT Included
- High fat dairy items
- High calorie/high fat cuts of meat
- Other foods (packaged or other) with high fat, calorie, carbohydrate, or sugar content per serving
Tips and Resources for our Diet Menu
- Pro members can always create their own custom menu based on their individual needs. Use the nutritional information available to meet your goals for calories, fat, carbs, or sugar intake.
- Remake freezer aisle favorites such as SmartOnes or Lean Cuisine using our Better than the Freezer Aisle Recipe Series.
- Check out resources and recipes from blog partners like Tammy @ Organize Yourself Skinny.
- Top 15 Easy Freezable Diet Recipes
- 25 Diet Freezer Cooking Recipes