On October 7, 2017 by Once a Month Meals
Welcome to the Once a Month Meals Whole30 Menu
The guidelines for this menu are based on the the Whole30 program founded by Melissa Hartwig.
What is Whole30?
Whole30 is a 30-day eating plan that temporarily removes specific foods and food groups that could potentially be having a negative impact on your health. By avoiding these foods for 30 days, participants are able to gain an understanding of if and how any of these foods affect their day to day life and overall health.
How We Label for Whole30:
Recipes on our Whole30 menus are 100% compliant with the Whole30 guidelines so that you can continue to enjoy the convenience of freezer cooking throughout your Whole30 experience.
Menus consist of 15 dinners doubled to 30 meals, allowing you to prepare meals for an entire Whole30 in one cooking day. Whole30-compliant breakfasts, lunches, snacks, and additional dinners are available on our recipe page as well.
Types of Food Included:
- Fruits and vegetables (fresh or frozen)
- Meats – poultry, beef, fish, pork, etc.
- Nuts and seeds (except peanuts and soy nuts)
- Ghee or clarified butter
- Coconut milk
- Fruit juice (as a stand-alone ingredient or natural sweetener)
- Allowed legumes – green beans, sugar snap peas, snow peas
- Vinegar (with the exception of malt vinegar)
- Coconut aminos
- Most herbs and spices
- Whole30-approved condiments
Types of Food NOT Included:
- Foods containing added sugar (real or artificial)
- Alcohol (including cooking alcohol)
- Grains of any kind
- Legumes – beans, lentils, peanuts, etc.
- Dairy of any kind
- Bacon, sausage, and deli meats
- Carrageenan, MSG, or sulfites
- Treats, baked goods, or junk foods with “approved” ingredients
Tips and Resources for our Whole30 Menu:
- There are more and more delicious Whole30 recipes available on the internet these days, but be aware that sometimes we adapt recipes that are NOT Whole30-compliant (but close) for use on a menu. While the link goes to the original recipe, you will see the appropriate changes on your recipe documents.
- 10 Tips for Surviving Your First Whole30
- 50 Freezable Whole30 Recipes
- 101 Whole30 Freezer Meals
- 50 Freezable Whole30 Instant Pot Recipes
- 2-N-1 Whole30 Instant Pot or Slow Cooker Menu
- 25 Freezable Bone Broth Recipes
- Learn more about the Whole30 Program Rules
- Review a more detailed list of Whole30-compliant foods here and here.
- How Doing a Whole30 Cured My Migraines
- Follow Tricia on her Whole30 Journey
- Want to continue your healthy eating pattern after your Whole30? Try our Real Food and Paleo menus.