What’s not to love about smoothies? They are cool, refreshing, healthy, easy, portable, kid friendly, and easy to freeze for later. Plus adding some greens, like mild baby spinach, is a great way to nourish and detoxify your body before swimsuit season. Warm weather is heading our way FINALLY, so get out your blender and stock up on some frozen goodness.
Here are 10 of our favorite summer smoothies to help refresh, refuel, and detox.
BONUS: Skinny Green Summer Smoothie
Pro tips from our staff!
- Stock the freezer with our Smoothie Mini Menu so that you always have a quick meal or snack ready. Pro members, you can create your own smoothie mini in Menu Builder!
- Freeze any of these smoothies into a popsicle mold for a fun treat any time of day like we did with our Orange Banana Smoothie Pops. Regan gave these molds to everyone at our Favorite Things party.
- Add a handful of greens to boost nutrition and help your body rid itself of toxins. I promise you won’t notice the taste, although it may change the color.
- You can flash freeze ingredients and divide them into bags to be blended when you want to eat them, or you can blend all of your smoothies ahead of time and just thaw to eat.
- Be sure to lay bags flat to freeze for easier storage.
- If you are in the market for a new blender, I (Kim) took home a Diamond Vortex 5-Speed Blender from Kitchen Aid at our Favorite Things party last fall – and I LOVE it.