On December 19, 2016 by Kim
Last week we gave you some rules for frugal meal planning and grocery shopping this year. Now that you know the principles, here are a few recipes to get you started! Don’t forget, if you have a membership, you can use Swappable to create a custom menu of your favorite budget friendly recipes!
Use these 20 budget friendly freezer recipes to save more money this year!
- Buttermilk Herb Chicken Breasts
- Crockpot Ranch Pork Chops
- Grilled Cilantro Lime Chicken
- One Skillet Paleo Dinner
- Quick and Simple Empanadas
- Cream Cheese Chicken
- Easy Italian Unstuffed Shells
- Simple Chili Cornbread Bake
- Pineapple Chicken Salsa Bake
- Garlic Balsamic Pork Kabobs
- Ham, Broccoli and Cheddar Roll
- Slow Cooker French Dip
- Sriracha Sweet Potato Black Bean Tacos
- Simple Black Bean Soup
- Philly Cheese Potato Pizza
- Eat Your Veggies Casserole
- Creamy Tomato Soup
- Bean and Cheese Burritos
- Caprese Pasta Salad
- Sneaky Stuffed Potatoes
Bonus Tips: Make it Yourself!
Sometimes making an item from scratch is more frugal (and more healthy) than buying the package, especially if you are making one of those “Oops, I forgot the _____” trips. I don’t know about you but those trips for me always result in extra money spent on impulse buys and gas. I love having these items on hand in my freezer when I need to make a quick dinner out of thin air.
- Chicken Stock (basically free – the ultimate in frugal!)
- Taco Seasoning
- Ranch Dressing Mix (dairy free option)
- Cream of Something Soup
- Pancake Mix
- Pizza Dough and Sauce
Just can’t get enough of the simple, budget friendly recipes? Check out the brand new 5 Ingredient Mini Menu!
Still not a member? Find out more here!