It is bound to happen. T minus six hours to turkey time, and you realize, “I forgot the _____!” And cue facepalm. But then you start thinking, “Maybe I can make it myself or find some kind of substitute?” Or maybe you’re the next in line for the Throne of Procrastination (behind me of course!). It is the Wednesday before Thanksgiving, and you’re still trying to decide what to serve or how you will use your eight pounds of leftover turkey.
Our ultimate holiday help list is here to get you through those harrowing moments!
Must Have Resources
- How to Roast a Turkey
- Sliced and Diced Series – When you’re wondering how many onions equal one cup of diced onions?
- Deck the Table with Red and Green Recipes
- 5 Tips for an Allergy Friendly Holiday Gathering
- Allergy Friendly Holiday Recipes
Agh, I Forgot the…
- Cream of Something Soup
- French Fried Onions
- Sweetened Condensed Milk – no dry milk, but takes 2 hours
- Sweetened Condensed Milk – 5-minute version
- Pumpkin Puree
- Pumpkin Pie Spice
- Pie Crust
- DIY Cake Mix – yellow and chocolate
- Cranberry Sauce
- Baby Food!
All the Fixin’s
- Parmesan Buttermilk Drop Biscuits
- Scalloped Potatoes
- Confetti Corn Casserole
- Easy Cheesy Potatoes
- Cranberry Raspberry Relish
- Italian Sausage Dressing
- Slow Cooker Stuffed Acorn Squash – Vegan
- Irish Soda Bread – When you don’t have time to let anything rise!
- Slow Cooker Stuffing – Oops, the oven is full? No problem!
- Lightened Up Mashed Potatoes
- Sauteed Carrots with Sage – Super easy for the true procrastinators.
- Homemade Applesauce
- Creamy Mashed Potatoes
- Sweet Potato Casserole
- Or check out this post for even more Freezer Friendly Side Dishes!
DON’T Forget Dessert!
- Cranberry Pecan Puffs
- Microwave Pies
- Kylen’s Peanut Butter Balls
- Great Grandma’s Sugar Cookies
- Chewy Molasses Spice Cookies
- Candy Cane Brownie Pie
- Pumpkin Pie
- Chicken Broth – Just substitute turkey carcass/bones.
- World’s Greatest Cookies – Use leftover cornflakes from casseroles.
- Shepherd’s Pie – Use up leftover mashed potatoes.
- How to Use Leftover Turkey – pinboard by Tiffany King @ Eat at Home