On May 2, 2018 by Kelcey Flynn
Save Your Summer with these Freezer Friendly, On-the-Go Kids Snacks!
In need of snacks to take with you while you and your family are on-the-go this summer? Look no further than this freezer AND kid friendly list!
Whether you are a “pool mom” taking your kids to the local community center to swim on a regular basis, or you’re a “carpool parent” taking your kids from one camp to another, or shuffling them from swim lessons to soccer practice — we’ve got a snack you can have at the ready for all occasions!
All these recipes are freezer friendly, meaning you can make them ahead of time so you can literally grab them from the freezer, and go! Thaw them in your cooler in-between pickups, or in your fridge the night before.
No matter your hectic schedule and summer routine, let us help you make eating, (and eating well) easier than ever!
ALL these recipes are utensil-free, “eat with your hands” kid snacks!
- Bacon and Egg Uncrustables
- Gluten Free Dairy Free Ham Cups
- Mini Veggie and Ham Quiches
- Poppyseed Chicken Pinwheels
- Ham and Cheese Picnic Pinwheels
- Healthy Fish Sticks
- Cheesy Broccoli Rice Casserole Cups
- Quinoa Pizza Bites
- Gluten Free Dairy Free Chicken Salad Lettuce Wraps
- Easy Pepperoni Pizza Balls
- Kid Friendly Broccoli and Chicken Quesadilla
- Apple Chicken Nuggets
- Bacon Wrapped Hot-Dogs
- Ranch Chicken Nuggets
- Chicken Stix
- Corn Dog Muffins
- Individual Mac and Cheese
- Mexican Turkey Tortilla Roll Up
- Toddler-ific Pizza Snack Cups
- Whole Wheat Soft Pretzel Bites
- Eggo Breakfast Sandwiches
- Toddler French Toast Sticks
- Frozen Breakfast Muffins
- Homemade Poptarts (GFDF Version)
- Yogurt Parfait Popsicles (place a paper muffin cup liner underneath to prevent dripping!)
- Homemade Cereal Bar Cookies
- Breakfast Cookies (Kid-Friendly)
- Balls of Energy
- Berries, Nuts, and Coconut Shreds (place in snack bags or on to go cups!)
- Homemade Uncrustables
- Popcorn Balls
- Orange Banana Smoothie Pops (same muffin cup liner tip from above applies!)
- Watermelon Yogurt Smoothie Pops (same muffin cup liner tip from above applies!)
- Lemon Poppyseed Muffins
- Homemade Yogurt Tubes
- Strawberry Peanut Butter Rice Krispy Treats
- Jam Filled Biscuits
- Chocolate Chip Buttermilk Pancake Squares
Kid-Friendly, On-the-Go Packaging and Containers!
- On-the-go Cups
- Variety, on-the-go containers
- Refillable Squeeze Pouches
- Small, Popsicle Molds
- Large, Popsicle Molds
- Popsicle Molds/Yogurt Tubes
- 12-Cup Silicone Muffin Tray
- Single Silicone Baking Cups
Invite Your Kids to Help in the Kitchen
Boredom can strike hard and fast when kids are suddenly free to play all day long (I don’t get it!) If your older children show an interest, offer to teach them a little about cooking. For younger children, being mom or dad’s kitchen helper for the day is a treat in itself right? Getting your kids into the kitchen is a great way to provide them with a practical life skill, but it also means that they can actually be a big help to you! Check out these posts from our archives on teaching kids of all ages how to cook.
- Kids in the Freezer Cooking Kitchen
- 20 Recipes for Kids to Cook
- Fall Kids Mini Menu Vol. 1
- Fall Paleo Kids Mini Menu Vol. 1
- Spring Kids Mini Menu Vol. 1
- Summer Lunch Mini Menu Vol. 1
- Summer Lunch Mini Menu Vol. 2
- Summer Lunch Mini Menu Vol. 3
- Fall Gluten Free Toddler Men Vol. 1
*This post contains affiliate links