On May 25, 2019 by Kim
Fire up the grill, invite the neighbors, and start sipping your favorite refreshing beverage under the shade of your favorite tree. It is time for backyard BBQs, cookouts, grilling, or whatever you call it where you’re from. Here are our favorite tips and recipes for serving hot off the grill goodness to your guests.
Backyard BBQ with Mini Menus
Mini menus are a great way to stock the fridge with grill ready meals for the rest of the summer or for a large crowd. These grilling minis are also perfect for a group cooking session since they are primarily dump and go. You can also use our side dish mini and dessert minis to complement your main dishes.
- Summer Grilling Mini Menu Vol. 1
- Summer Grilling Mini Menu Vol. 2
- Summer Grilling Mini Menu Vol. 3
- Spring Grilling Mini Menu Vol. 1
- Spring Grilling Mini Menu Vol. 2
- Summer Dump and Go Mini Menu Vol. 1
- Summer Dump and Go Mini Menu Vol. 2
- Summer Sides Mini Menu Vol. 1
- Summer Sides Mini Menu Vol. 2
- Summer Sides Mini Menu Vol. 3
- Spring Sides Mini Menu Vol. 1
- Spring Sides Mini Menu Vol. 2
- Summer Dessert Mini Menu Vol. 1
Freezer Burgers for the BBQ
- Chipotle Cheddar Burgers
- Sweet Potato and Red Onion Black Bean Burgers
- Juicy Apple Turkey Burgers
- Smokey Monterrey Jack Burgers
- Paleo Jalapeño Chicken Burgers
- Summer Seasoned Burgers with Best Burger Seasoning
- Copy Cat Trader Joe’s Chile Lime Chicken Burgers
- Green Chile Burgers
- Ranch Cheddar Burgers
- Cheddar Stuffed Portobello Burgers
- Buffalo Bleu Cheese Burger
- Stuffed Turkey Burgers
- Tex-Mex Burgers
- Bacon and Bleu Burgers
- Cheddar Butter Burgers
- Healthy Turkey Burger
- Paleo Asian Turkey Burger
- Southwest Chicken Burgers
- Gluten Free Dairy Free Teriyaki Burgers
- Gluten Free Dairy Free Buffalo Chicken Burgers
- Paleo Sun-Dried Tomato and Spinach Burgers (Low FODMAP version)
Freeze Food on a Stick for the Grill
- Balsamic Chicken Sausage Kebabs
- Paleo Steak Kebabs
- 5 Ingredient Coconut Curry Kebabs
- Creamy Shrimp Skewers
- GFDF Chicken Pinwheels
- Asian Steak Kebabs (GFDF Version)
- Garlic Balsamic Pork Kebabs
- Rosemary Parmesan Chicken and Sweet Pepper Skewers
- Grilled Tuna Kebabs
- Traditional Russian Shish Kebabs
- Sweet Summer Mango Kebabs
- Gluten Free Dairy Free Honey Chicken Kebabs
- Sweet and Sour Meatball Skewers
- Paleo Mushroom and Steak Skewers
Tips, Tricks, and Party Ideas
- Cut an onion in half and rub it over the hot grill grate with the tongs to clean and season the grill.
- Use color coded cutting boards or this fancy grill station set to keep all of your food safe and sanitary.
- Serve condiments in a muffin tin to avoid washing lots of little bowls. You can even put in festive liners to make clean up even easier.
- Put a popsicle stick in wedges of watermelon for easy to serve and refreshing dessert or side.
- Set up yard games for kids and adults such as sprinkler, kiddie pools, darts, corn hole, croquet, horseshoes, etc.
- Keep costs down by hosting a BYOM (Bring Your Own Meat) cook out. You can set up a hot dog bar – you provide various condiments, toppings, buns, paper products, and drinks and have each guest bring a pack of dogs. Or you could have each guest cook a recipe from one of the grilling mini menus above and you provide, sides, desserts, etc. for everyone.
- Don’t forget the OAMM trick to check the doneness of your meats!